Wednesday 3 October 2012

High-Low Happiness

What is better than a mustard cardi?
A mustard high-low dress from VV Boutique for $13!!!!  

I am actually hearing cheers in my head right now.  I have been on the lookout for a high-low skirt or dress since I started this adventure, especially since exchanging a few tweets with local fashionistas about how to style them for fall!  Then Monday, I stumbled upon this one and fell in love. 
Swoon.
It was chilly today - there was even snow not too far away!  So, I layered up with a long sleeve Gap tee and a crochet-ish charcoal cardi, also from VV Boutique!  
Charcoal cardi $10
Aside from my Miz Mooz pumps, guess what the most expensive piece of my ensemble is!!  
Yep, the necklace - $18 from Avenue Clothing.
The earrings were $8, also from Avenue Clothing and the tights were a free hand-me-down from my thrifter sister.  I love the tab and gold button detail on the sleeves of this dress.   
I styled the dress so many ways just trying to decide what to wear last night.  Like the famous mustard cardi, this dress goes with everything!  I was cozy, comfortable and felt awesome in this ensemble.  I realized after that my colour combo today is a throw-back to my grey/blue/orange pinning frenzy of early 2012.  I ended up fulfilling my needs with gorgeous cushions from Crate and Barrel...
Swoon.
The cushions *might* be more expensive than everything I've ever purchased from VV Boutique combined.

Notably, the same friend who suggested these cushions is also the one who inspired my obsession with the mustard cardi.  Can't quite decide if she's a good influence or not... ;) 
I know, this is a darker mustard, but it's still mustard.
Just let me have my mustard.

Once again, VV Boutique has proven that you can find current stylish pieces in perfect condition for a fraction of the regular retail price.  I feel like my relationship with you, VV Boutique, just went to the next level.

xoxo
LOVE Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!