Friday 14 December 2012

Let's Get Real

Somehow sick kids and long work and tragic news just make style seem a little ... frivolous.  But you know what?  It isn't frivolous.  There is a whole heck of a lot that we cannot control in our little worlds, but we are in control of what we put on our bodies, how we express ourselves, and how we respect reality but choose our attitudes.  So, with that, I share reality for moi at 9ish on a Friday just before I slip into something a little more comfortable (Christmas jammies):
Cleo tee $3.50 VV Boutique
Trousers $9 VV Boutique
Gold double strand necklace $4 VV Boutique
Accessorize brown necklace from my closet
Awesome bracelet, gift from my talented sister

I have already "slipped" out of my contacts and my pants are wrinkly and I didn't even bother freshening up my make-up or hair.  Turn away if you must.  However, my good attitude says thanks to this forgiving top for getting me through a busy day and looking at least a little bit interesting along the way.  It is ruched on the sides, the colour is chartreuse-y-mustard and burgundy-brown (that's a lot of good colours) and looking at this photo I realize how much I love a short sleeve tee (discovering my style!). 
Bordeaux Merino wool cardi $7 VV Boutique
 Love the short sleeves, but it's winter and I'm cold.
Miz Mooz Pauly Wedges $5.60
No socks, you note?  Why no, I had to remove them after I stepped in ... reality... earlier tonight. 

I'm in jammies now, sipping wine and thinking about my many blessings, including (and not trivially) this ensemble for $29.10 and my joy in VV Boutique!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!