Wednesday 27 March 2013

How to Wear a Small Square Scarf

I am loving the "5 Days 5 Ways" series hosted by Franish and Whitney!  The idea is to show 5 (or more) ways to style a piece, each day of the week.  Monday was tops, Tuesday was pants and today is accessories.  From what I've seen so far, I am so impressed!  I figured it would be all scarves but there are hats, shoes, scarves, statement necklaces and bags!  This is a great place to browse through links for some everyday style inspiration!

I had it in my mind that I would style my fave VV Boutique necklace but then I remembered something extra awesome...My fab friend brought this small square scarf back from Rome for moi:
  My cosmopolitan quotient just increased exponentially.

I love long bulky scarves, but I'm getting weary of them; well, maybe not them specifically but the weather that necessitates them.  In any case, this pretty Roman scarf is a welcome change of pace.  Except, er, I don't have much experience with small square scarves.  Fortunately the #5D5W challenge inspired me to, er, fool around (!) and here's what I came up with...
 1 - traditional square knot off-set
2 - secured by a complimentary brooch
3 - as a hair accessory
4 - in a flower knot

I have to pause here for dramatic effect.  Because that rosette knot is the bomb.  So easy and so chic.  Go grab your nearest small square scarf that you never knew how to wear, click here for Maitai's simple instructions and get ready to impress everyone tomorrow.  I can't wait to read through her archives for more chic scarf education. 
 It's hard to follow that act, but someone's gotta do it.
5 - layered with a necklace
6 - wrapped as a bracelet
 7 - to embellish a bag

A note about this bag: I've had it for a long time.  It was $10 from VV Boutique and I'm pretty sure it's vintage.  It is in perfect condition and has such interesting details!  I love the mini "doctor" bag style, the long strap option, but most of all, I love the round handles that nest down when not in use.  My chic Roman scarf was meant to be with this bag.  And I'm pretty sure I'm meant to take them on a fieldtrip back to Rome one day.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love it as a headband or bracelet! The necklace is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Sara! I wondered about the headband, so thanks for your comment!! And I checked out Go Fish - amazing! Will be watching for when you ship to Canada then order up some tees and such for my family! (and for me once my second-hand project deadline is done!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!