Monday 20 October 2014

One Dollar Dark Floral

If you follow the style mags and blogs, you probably know that dark floral prints are off your granny's bedspread and right onto stylish women everywhere.  To be honest, I am not sure what differentiates a bedspread from a fashionista, or a chic floral pattern vs. an ugly one... I thus conclude it boils down to:
  1. whether YOU love it
  2. how YOU style it
  3. going forth with attitude
I have several dark floral print pieces, each unique in their own way, and I gathered them up to audition for this week's Monday Style Prompt.
http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10727346_344609609031888_422317893_n.jpg
I have worn some of them here, here, here and here and some have only been featured on Instagram (so you should probably tune in there so you don't miss any dark floral action).  For today, I decided to wear a piece I scored for ONE DOLLAR at a small thrift shop in Montana...
How could I possibly resist for ONE DOLLAR?!!

Basically, this top gave me a good reason to wear the booties which seem vintage to me...
I heart green everything.  Except maybe vegetables.
They got to go for two unexpected nature walks today.  Which, as it turns out, is the limit for comfort.

Then the booties gave me an excuse to get my matchy-matchy on...
H&M Blazer $7 VV Boutique
This is what I call my "static buxom" pose.
Watch out, Tyra...

It's all quite matchy-matchy, or as my friend called it, "put together."  I'll go with that!  Did anyone else try dark floral and like it?  If you missed the Monday-Style-Prompt-boat, never fear!  There will be another one next week (stay tuned to Facebook!) and this week, I plan to wear my dark floral all week long!  
One dollar thrifted shirts make me smile.

Pretty sure "Dark Floral Week" will have its own TV series by this time next year, like Shark Week but less bloodshed.  Or more... You'll have to tune in to find out!


1 comment:

  1. I love dark florals for fall! You cracked me up with your comment about off your grandmother's bed and onto stylish women. Ha! I love how you paired the green blazer with this.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!