Tuesday 13 January 2015

First Base

I had no idea when I issued this week's Monday Style Prompt - to wear short sleeves over long sleeves - that it would be so challenging to pull it off!  There were plenty of inspiring options on Pinterest and I *thought* I had lots of options in my closet.  Welllllll, a day later and two garments lighter, I came up with an outfit that didn't knock it out of the park, but maybe limped to first base...
I tried.
Olive Gap skirt consigned for $13.60 from reFind Clothing
Tights, bangles and earrings from my closet

On Sunday night, I simply ran out of steam to figure out my Monday Style Prompt OOTD and foolishly thought I would have plenty of time in the morning, as if I've never met Monday Morning before.  Well, needless to say, once my first plan didn't work out...
I knew I was in trouble.
As cute as this knit piece is, it's not for me.  I think it's meant for a girl 5 feet tall.
I also got rid of this short sleeved knit - it had a chance and let me down!  
Voted out of the closet!  No room for one-trick ponies!

I turned to plan B and some quick Pinspiration...
Swap the peep toes for boots because it's winter.
Swap the coffee for wine because I took these photos after work.

I think I would have liked this look better with some cute pumps but, honestly, I was too lazy to change my footwear.  Some Mondays are like that... or is it just me?
I do think I managed to capture the relaxed-comfy-cotton vibe of the Pinspiration.

By the time I had this outfit on, it was too late.  I had to leave for work, so I grabbed a scarf and hoped for the best.
"Bird scarf saves the day!"

In the end, I got compliments from one teacher and one little girl who complimented each piece of my ensemble separately.  So I took that for a win!
First base is good enough for some Mondays!

I haven't given up on the idea of short sleeves over long sleeves!  I love all the Monday Style Prompt looks people shared... I will give it another try one day and see if I have more luck.  What do YOU think of short sleeves over long sleeves?  Did you try it?  Did you like it?!!


4 comments:

  1. I think you pulled the skirt look off wonderfully...I like the mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!! The positive comments are encouraging!

      Delete
  2. Noooo I liked the little knit sweater with the peasant sleeves underneath! Love the colour combo of that look too :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Susanna, but the mustard piece was a poor fit in person - whenever I am seriously concerned that someone might mistake me for pregnant, I know it's time to say goodbye to piece! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Comments make my day!